High Level enzymatic detergent for corrective cleaning of persistent microbial contamination on endoscopes.
- Patented enzymatic complex with broad spectrum of action against biofilms.
- For corrective cleaning of highly-soiled Medical Devices.
- Dissolves biofilm matrix of multiple pathogens.
- Alternative to expensive repairs / maintenance.
2 x 1L OL20707
6 x 1L OL20708
BIOFILMS & ENDOSCOPY
- Growth of bioﬁlms inside endoscope channels can result in failure of endoscope reprocessing and is an important factor in the pathogenesis of endoscopy-related infections. ⁶
- Microbial surveillance to monitor endoscopes after reprocessing has been recommended by a majority of organizations (ASGE, ESGE, ESGENA, GESA).
- Countries with systematic endoscope monitoring confirm high contamination rates.
WHY WORRY ABOUT ENDOSCOPES?
- If contaminated scopes are used, investigators noted high rates of transmission.²More outbreaks are linked to contaminated endoscopes than to any other medical device.³
- Endoscopes not sterilized, hence reprocessing has narrow margin of safety. Any slight deviation can lead to survival of microorganisms.⁴
- Endoscopes are significant vectors for nosocomial transmission of microorganisms as a result of scope contamination from the patient or from the inanimate environment (e.g. automated endoscope reprocessing devices).⁵
SEVERAL RECENT CASES⁸ REPORTED OF INFECTIONS POST-ERCP FOLLOWING COMPLETE COMPLIANCE WITH CLEANING GUIDELINES (MORBIDITY & MORTALITY)